My JSON-REST plugin does this by wrapping $.ajax with other method(s).
 Just add an object of params to $.rest.data.
http://plugins.jquery.com/project/rest

You can do this by wrapping/replacing the $.ajax method yourself

(function ($) {

    var _ajax = $.ajax,
        A = $.ajax = function(options) {
            if (A.data) {
                //TODO: the appending in here, i just don't feel like
writing all of this
            }
            return _ajax(options);
        };
    };

})(jQuery);

// then make a call this:
$.ajax.data = { myParam: 'alwaysAppendThis' };
// and all your ajax calls will get that data
// and so on