On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 4:12 AM, DBJDBJ <dbj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> @Scott ... It is really rather simple to prove that toggle() is not
> working, using dbj.org/h.htm and IE8 or C or FF javascript
> consoles

Yeah, that's pretty useless unless you're trying to figure out what
the problem is and how to fix it!  </sarcasm>

In fact it's pretty easy to show that it is working using one of the
many pages I provided.  Why have you not been willing to try to work
out what the difference is?

> .... We do not have to (re)create streams of simillar but different pages.

Here's one more similar but different page for you:

    http://scott.sauyet.com/Javascript/Demo/2009-10-07a/?old

This has only one change from your page, and it works for me in IE
6/7/8.  As to what that change is, well I removed five characters from
your page, and if you actually read my most recent post, you should be
able to guess which ones they are.

It seems to me that we have a simple regression test for the core
developers, and even have a reasonable way to focus their search,
namely: why does toggle work fine in IE8 in the expanded jQuery
nightly but not in the compressed one?  Did someone forget a
semicolon?

Again, you were the one who discovered the issue; do you want to post
it to the bug tracker?  Or should I?

  -- Scott