I have looked into the code today and everything works fine :-). +

Altough it is a huge hack with some complexity, the code looks slick
and straight forward.

the only thing we could optimize would be:
a) to not use .data on checkboxes too
or
b) to remove .data on focusout

But I don´t think it is worth doing it. Do we have reasonable
perfromance pros in time or memory here, if we remove the data async?
(and not on unload/cleandata-actions)