What I'm worried about is attacks on existing pages.

So far, in jQuery, executing javascript was borded to conscious actions by
devs:
- inserting HTML in the document (ajax doesn't execute embedded script
automagically),
- jsonp,
- specific ajax wrappers (getScript, load) or cross-domain access to scripts
(what getScript hides).

(I may forget some)

With the change you landed, any cross-domain ajax request through xhr that
doesn't specify the dataType (expecting text or xml as of 1.3) can be
tricked by a third party into executing code (since, as of 1.4 latest, all
the server has to do is to specify an application/javascript content-type).

I'm not against it per se, you know I'm a big fan of jsonp and cross-domain
madness, but this particular situation seems a bit dangerous to me.