That's all nice & dandy for json. But the "javascript getting executed
solely on server saying so" problem still remains. The fact you had to
change the synchronous request tests is a clear proof of the problem to me:
existing code will break (no issue if documented), existing code will face a
security hole (more problematic to say the least).