Scott,

Thanks for your helpful response.

On 09/01/2010, at 12:26 AM, Scott Sauyet wrote:
It seems to me that you did get serious responses when you posted in
one of the innumerable recent threads about JSON changes.

I've said nothing about JSON.

Outside that, I've seen your name in the discussion about Event
filters.  You added something about keyboard events,

My post is the last one in that thread... i.e. no response.

Most of the examples were about keyboard input filters.
I said I don't think they're important while keyboard input
is so broken already. Otherwise, event filters are a good
idea that's worthy of discussion.

and posted code
that didn't seem to me at a glance to have anything to do with

I'll raise the key event thing under a fresh topic.
I posted the code to show how many special cases exist,
and how little help (and some hindrance) jQuery provides.

And you posted a message
about a dnd library for something called Raphael.  A vague
recollection tells me that has something to do with Canvas and/or SVG,
neither of which I know much about.  I might have posted one of my
standard, "this belongs in the general group, not the dev one,"
messages, but it wasn't clear to me what it was you were discussing.

I asked for advice on how to plugin-ize it, and other comments.
There's an example in the git repo at http://github.com/cjheath/Raphaelle

And there are no links to some sort of demo.  I'm much more likely to
follow links to demos than to code.  I then follow through with the
code if the demo interests me.

My work-in-progress is at http://dataconstellation.com/aprimo
It's a diagram editor for ORM2 diagrams (http://ormfoundation.org).

Is this post really relevant to the discussion of the development of
the jQuery library?  If not, you'd be better off posting in the main
group, which is where plug-ins and combinations with other tools are
usually discussed.

Ok, thanks, I though plugin discussion went here also.
I'll take it there.

The keypress thing is a core library issue though.

Clifford Heath.