Diego,

I think you're still not quite understanding what Dave is suggesting.

He is *not* saying everyone running jQuery would be subjected to these
checks.

He *is* saying there is a completely new build of jQuery (let's call
it jQuery-1.4.lint.js) that a developer could *choose* to run against
just to test out their code.  And in the documentation, it could be
strongly urged that new developers try this at least once.

Heck, let's take it a step farther... how about jquery-1.4.newb.js
that has some sort of 'tutorial' built in when it sees bad practices?

At least that's how I've interpreted it :)

_jason