On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 2:02 PM, Diego Perini <diego.per...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Why should we inflict these no sense conditionals onto everybody.
> Should we then check every parameter of every method too, just to be
> helpful to one people not remembering signatures or lazy to lookup a
> documentation page ?

I think you miss the point.  This would not be a production version of
jQuery.  It would be either a stand-alone jquery version, called
somthing like jquery-1.4-lint.js, or a plug-in that could run
alongside a particular version of jQuery.  Or it could simply be an
external tool like JSLint which runs against your jQuery-related
source code.

It would be meant to help you track down bad practices in your code
before you put it into production, but you would never use it in a
live site.

I like the idea, and I think it would be possible to do this as a
plug-in, which replaces calls to jQuery functions with calls that
check the parameters, store errors, then delegate to the the original
function.  But have no time at the moment to help implement it.

I'd love to see it.

  -- Scott