I actually need to override mime type! It was very confusing that the only
reference to it was to close the connection! All is well now! But closing
the connection still bothers me!

On 4/10/07, Ian Struble <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Correct, this was a work around for a pre-1.5 FF issue.  My notes on
it say "see mozilla bug #246651" but I remember thinking that jQuery
was using the same work around as another js library (prototype?) and
that that project had its own bug to get rid of the work around.  I
thought I saw that the work around had finally been removed in more
recent versions of jQuery.  I last patched a 1.0.4 version for local
use at work but I think it was there until 1.1.

There was also another reason for explicitly closing the connection
that Jake Cigar(?) asked for when overriding the mime type of the
request.  I forget his reasons for that right now.

Ian

--
Ⓙⓐⓚⓔ - יעקב   ʝǡǩȩ   ᎫᎪᏦᎬ