On Thu, Apr 12, 2007, Jörn Zaefferer wrote:

>  Ralf S. Engelschall schrieb:
> > On Thu, Apr 12, 2007, ???????????? wrote:
> >
> >> I've found the nightly webkits behave nothing like the latest safari! xml
> >> handling is improved other things are broke! Not sure if the current
> >> safari
> >> source is available.
> >> [...]
> >>
> > It seems to be even worse: the WebKit SVN trunk is _extremely_ different
> > >from e.g. the WebKit SVN "releases/Apple/Tiger/Mac OS X Update 10.4.8/"
> > branch. _THERE_ I cannot find anything related to firing a "load" event
> > in the htmltokenizer.cpp source. So looks like although WebKit SVN trunk
> > would already support this, the WebKit version used in Safari is still
> > an older one which doesn't support it. Hmmm... then we have no luck with
> > the current Safari versions at all and would have to wait a few years
> > until things get better in the Apple area...
> >
>  I think Chris Domigan has done quite some stuff on that matter. He had a
>  components for loading other scripts, though I'm not sure if or how he fixed
>  the safari issue. I think you'd need to look for 'jspax'.

I guess you are talking about this piece of code:

http://www.jspax.org/package_src.js

Very good hint! Thanks. He does something really clever: he exploits the
fact that when you insert N <script> nodes into the DOM, despite the
fact that most browsers _LOAD_ the <scripts> in parallel, their code
_execution_ is done in the sequence of the DOM node order. So, the jspax
stuff simply adds a second <script> without any external references but
with local code just _after_ the <script> which loads the code. This
does the trick! The second <script> code is executed _after_ the code
of the first <script> is available. Bingo! That's it. I'll immediately
investigate and try to modify my jquery.xsajax.js plugin to use this
trick for Safari (although it should work equally well for all browsers,
but who knows...)
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       www.engelschall.com