I am (relatively) new to JavaScript and brand new to JS libraries.
Prior to jQuery, I was using Yahoo's library, but was well-impressed
with jQuery and made the move.

I have a series of custom written js functions which fire-up when the
DOM is ready and i am happily using jQuey's $
(document).ready(function(){}); tool in an external script kept in the
head of the document.

However, I am trying to add an additional $(document).ready(function()
{}); in the middle of the document (i.e. inline) but it is not working
and i don't know why.

Are only 1 x $(document).ready(function(){}); allowed in a script? If
not, any ideas what's going wrong?