From: Sam Collett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: jQuery (English) <jquery-en@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 2, 2007 8:38:21 AM
Subject: [jQuery] Re: datePicker v2 beta

On Apr 30, 2:34 pm, "Kelvin Luck" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, April 30, 2007 12:25 pm, Sam Collett wrote:
>
> > Several features in that picker that look like they would be handy in
> > Kelvin's that aren't in yet are:
>
> > Keyboard Navigation
>
> I've been thinking about this... It's not a priority for me currently
> because I'm not sure that it would be worth the extra filesize on the
> plugin for the amount of people who would use it. It is on a TODO list as
> something to possibly implement as an optional extension if/ when I have
> time...
>
> > Don't show the days in other months (you can use CSS to hide them, but
> > they would still be clickable)
>
> You can also use CSS to render them non-clickable. Just give them a style
> of disabled in the custom cell renderer... I'll set up an example of this
> before the actual release of the plugin...
>
> > Disable certain days of the week (e.g. Saturday and Sunday)
>
> Did you see the custom cell renderer
> demo?http://kelvinluck.com/assets/jquery/datePicker/v2/demo/datePickerCust...
>
> > Transparency (could probably be done with CSS)
>
> Yeah - I think this should be done in the CSS.
>
> Thanks for the feedback,
>
> Kelvin :)

A couple more suggestions:

- abbreviated month names (Jan, Feb etc)
- longer day names (Mon, Monday, Tue, Tuesday etc)

And something that would be nice, but may be a bit of work (and
perhaps better suited as an extension):

- have the year at the top and all the months below it, like how
Google Analytics does it (http://www.texotela.co.uk/gacal.jpg)
- as a result, you could perhaps select all the days in the month, or
select a whole week

I appreciate all the work you are putting into this (as I am sure
others are too). It is plugins like this that help to get people into
jQuery.