Hi luc,

basically, with the few details you provide, i can only say that you will
trigger things using the event "change" on the select element. From then on,
use the select.val()

example:

$("select#type").change(function(){

                    if($(this).val()=='root'){

$("select#project_mode").val("none").Highlight(1000, '#FF0000');

                    }else

                    {

                             if ($("select#project_mode").val()=='none') {

$("select#project_mode").val("").Highlight(1000, '#FF0000');

   _____