I used jQuery for http://westphotoinc.com

I really liked the interface plugin's slider bar, it works great and
looks the same on all browsers, unlike browser scrollbars. I didn't
use too many of the effects, but it's nice for a few of the pages
where i need to toggle images based on the thumbs on the left.

Eventually I want to replace coppermine photo gallery with a php/mysql
+ jquery photo management & ordering app of some sort. Is there
anything out there already? I had to make some extensive mods to
coppermine to let me talk to paypal and I nearly wiped out all but the
viewing functionality (comments, smileys, additional user acct's, etc
were superfluous).