since your code is quick, you can also bind mouseup and paste events. paste
only works on ie,
but if you don't catch up 'til blur time, I guess it's no big deal!

> On May 10, 6:37 am, Peng <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > If I paste text with short menu  by Right-Click it isn't working.
Which event
> > bound can perfect the function? There seems not acceptable event in
jQuery.

I've added the "onblur" event handler. This somewhat alleviates the
problem of a user pasting content into the textarea via the context
menu, although the character counter won't be updated until the
textarea loses focus.

--
Ⓙⓐⓚⓔ - יעקב   ʝǡǩȩ   ᎫᎪᏦᎬ