[EMAIL PROTECTED] schrieb:
While I love jQuery, I haven't used it for anything particularly
complicated - I'm having a difficult time getting an ajax submitted
form in to work with the form plugin and the validation plugin.

I'm trying to use the validation plugin's submit handler method:

submitHandler: function(form) {
        $(form).ajaxSubmit();
  }

to also include the form plugin's options object that looks something
like:

var options = {
success: function() {
self.parent.tb_show('Email My Visit','#TB_inline?
height=180&width=407&inlineId=tbSuccess','');},

error: function() {
self.parent.tb_show('Email My Visit','#TB_inline?
height=180&width=407&inlineId=tbFailure','');
                                                }
                                        };

, but I have no idea as to how to go about doing that.
submitHandler: function(form) {
        $(form).ajaxSubmit(options);
  }

seemed like the obvious solution, but that didn't work.  Help would be
much appreciated, been really banging my head against the wall on
this.  The form validation works, but when I submit it, the success/
error functions aren't triggering.  They did work when called by  $
('#ajaxForm').ajaxForm(options);
The demo contains in example for passing options to ajaxSubmit: http://jquery.bassistance.de/validate/demo-test/ajaxSubmit-intergration-demo.html

The interesting lines are these:

var v = jQuery("#form").validate({
        submitHandler: function(form) {
                jQuery(form).ajaxSubmit({
                        dataType: "json",
                        after: function(result) {
                                if(result.status) {
                                        v.showErrors(result.data);
                                        v.focusInvalid();

Looks like you are missing something small, because your code looks right, as Mike already noticed.

--
Jörn Zaefferer

http://bassistance.de