JMan schrieb:
Hello,

I am using the form validation plugin and I am stuck on the addMethod.
I have created a method using the addMethod function, in this I have
an ajax call to a server side page that validates the passed value.
Every thing works ok except I cannot figure out how to get the new
userNameInUse method I created to return true or false based on the
result of the ajax call.
With the current design that isn't possible with asynchronous calls. For a workaround, add async:false to the $.ajax options. With that the validation method doesn't return until the request finished.

--
Jörn Zaefferer

http://bassistance.de