Gahhhhhhhhhh.......I just fixed it.  Apparently, when the validator
script tries to focus on a field in a form that is hidden with
display: none, ie throws some script error, and stops scripting. I
can't believe how long it took to find that out.  It was easy enough
to position the form that was meant to be hidden off the page with
absolute positioning after that, and lo and behold, problem solved.
Although, if anyone has a better solution to make sure the validator
functions are ran with the thickbox content, please let me know.

Thanks,
Chaim