$("span.email").each(function(){
 $(this).html( $(this).html().replace("<at>","@") );
});

$("p.jhide").hide();

Not too bad!

--John

On 5/13/07, fambizzari <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I started using jquery a month or two ago and i've spent the time
since then working on non js content. I've now come to do something
really basic and i'm really struggling how to do it with jquery. I
guess that is the problem with "changing the way that you write
JavaScript".

Anyhow, i won't be leaving jquery any time soon (i don't think) and
i'd appreciate if someone could tell me how i do the following.

Within html content i am including email addresses in the following
following such occurences with <p class="jhide">an explanation for
what <at> means</p> for those non-savvy internet users that might
actually try to send an email with <at> instead of the @ sign.

I want to getElementsByClass('email') and use javascript to replace
<at> with @. Then i want to getElementsByClass('jhide') and hide the
explanation which is no longer relevant.

How do i do this in jquery? Thanks for all of your help.