From: jquery-en@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Brian Cherne
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2007 11:14 PM
To: jquery-en@googlegroups.com
Subject: [jQuery] Re: Safari, Thickbox 3 and rolling over images = glitch?

Andy,

There is a bug in Safari with rendering HTML elements (particularly anchor
tags that have a :hover pseudo-class) over a SWF. The solution to this issue
is to comment out line 21 thickbox.css. This will correct the reported
issue.

Unfortunately, in this case, when that pseudo-class is removed another issue
(of the same SWF/HTML ilk) crops up intermittently in Safari. The issue is
that sometimes the overlay only extends to the width of the thickbox window
over the SWF (but extends over every other part of the HTML just fine). If
you can do without the overlay (or set it to 1% opacity) then visually this
would be solved as it only affects the overlay, not the thickbox window
element.

Also in Safari, when closing a thickbox, the SWF pokes through the overlay
before the rest of the window. It looks a little odd, but lasts only a few
milliseconds. I don't know thickbox well enough to determine what's
happening... but this is hardly a show-stopper like the two issues above.

Brian.