*From:* jquery-en@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] *On
Behalf Of *Luc Pestille
*Sent:* 30 May 2007 11:53
*To:* jquery-en@googlegroups.com
*Cc:* John Resig
*Subject:* [jQuery] Re: IE selector bug/error - now reproducable.

 I think I've found a bug in jQuery with regards to IE -a blank .html
page, with just the latest uncompressed jquery.js and a script file
(linked in the header) that looks like this:

/* <![CDATA[ */
// when the DOM is ready to be manipulated do some voodoo.
$(document).ready( function(){
    $(".search-advanced #classtest").hide();
});
/* ]]> */

produces an error in IE6 and IE7 (the line number is different in IE7);

---
Line 968
Error: 'getElementById' is null or not an object
---

however, these selectors produce no such error;

$("#search-advanced .classtest").hide();
$(".search-advanced .classtest").hide();
$("#search-advanced").hide();

So it looks like IE doesn't like double ID selectors, or an ID selector
after a space. Anyone seen this before, or can reproduce it? I'd rather not
have to re-write bits of my site to use classes instead of IDs.

*Luc Pestille*
Web Designer