I have been using iconexperience for some stuff.  Hige collection, well done
stuff, but is very popular, so it's not "unique".

But the answer to your question depends totally on your existing design.
Show a jpeg of where it will go, and I can make a suggestion.

In terms of how they are shaped, usually you go with one of a couple of
metaphors.
arrow to the right is closed:  >
arrow down is expanded: V

or + and - as indicators

I knew someone at c|net who said that they tried to say the words "show" and
"hide" and no one could figure it out.  They went back to + and -.

This one is clean, but how big does the design call for?
http://mabblog.com/blog/?p=133

or maybe:
http://glosk.com/img/collapse.gif
http://glosk.com/img/expand.gif