I'm using prototype and jQ on the same page. I'm using noConflict().

<script src="/javascripts/jquery.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
   jQuery.noConflict();
</script>

Everything is happy. Until I use prototypes Ajax.Update(). The response is a bunch of javascript calls that include calls to prototype routines, like Element.show(). It seems that I need to include a call to noConflict() at the start of the response, otherwise $ does not point to prototype.

Am I doing something fundamentally wrong here? Why do I need subsequent calls to noConflict()?

 ~ ~ Dave