your response header has nothing about a charset! and you need to set it in
the request header...

I have no idea if it will ever work, as I went UTF-8 long before I met
jQuery!

On 6/3/07, joomlafreak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi
This the response header

Date    Mon, 04 Jun 2007 03:11:27 GMT
Server  Apache/1.3.37 (Unix) PHP/4.4.6 mod_throttle/3.1.2 FrontPage/
5.0.2.2635 mod_psoft_traffic/0.2 mod_ssl/2.8.28 OpenSSL/0.9.7a
X-Powered-By    PHP/4.4.6
Connection      close
Transfer-Encoding       chunked
Content-Type    text/html

I don't know if it should be utf-8 or something anywhere in this. I
read on this thread or some other thread that the javascript will deal
with this encoding in utf-8.
As for my script I am just sending two integer values to the php file
and that php file is reading the database to echo the content. After
that content is sent to the jquery to inject it into a div, it gets
screwed up.

The reasponse I see in firebug also contains the same ?? so actually
it means that the content echoed itself is wrong and it is not jquery
that is doing something. I am lost. I have no basic education in
programming so things get complicated for me when people mention
things in technical terms.

Hope you can use little layman terms to explain in this thread as to
how is it happening and what can be done. I am sure many would be
benefited by this explanation.

Thanks again

http://groups.google.com/group/jquery-en/browse_thread/thread/0d65588...

--