Pretty sure you don't get repeating transparent png backgrounds in
IE6. Use a GIF, or a really big repeating background image, or use
layers without backgrounds.

Personally, I just use a GIF and have a little "upgrade to make it not
look like ass" banner. A GIF version is easy to add with conditional
comments too, so you don't have to dirty up your code with too many
IE6 hacks.

--Erik