That's a much better result, and more what I might expect. jQuery came in
3rd (1175) after Ext (585) and dojo (736).

  _____

From: jquery-en@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Benjamin Sterling
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2007 11:43 AM
To: jquery-en
Subject: [jQuery] follow up on real world speed test

Hey guys and gals,
Not sure if this is beating a dead horse, but per my suggestion on an
earlier post, I decided to take a real site and using the "SlickSpeed
Selector Test," and test it out.

I took the html from today's digg.com home page and changed the selectors to
match it's content.  I also added some full path selectors because I really
did not know what would be faster, those are located toward the bottom of
the list.  With my new selectors, the test takes a bit longer, from start to
finish it took about 2min 20 sec.

I personally still don't get the li[class|=di], li[class~=digg-it],
li[class*=igg], li[class$=it], li[class^=digg], I read the
http://docs.jquery.com/Selectors page, but still don't get the full benefit
of using them.  Maybe someone can explain this to me.

If anything, this at least shows me how I should be coding my jquery for
faster dom selections.

Link to speed test: http://www.kenzomedia.com/speedtest/
Link to page being tested: http://www.kenzomedia.com/speedtest/template.html

--