Thanks, Gilles!  I knew I didn't have that working quite right so I
appreciate the patch.

Cheers!

Mike

On 6/14/07, Gilles (Webunity) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Mike, i've seen that you implemented the tab question i asked for.
However, when testing it, i came to the conclusion that you could
still tab out of the element, but not back into it. As i can't access
SVN from work, i thought i'd post the fix here.

I've tested this on the "simple dialog" example of your site, but
adding this extra line:
    jQuery.blockUI.defaults.allowTabToLeave = 0;

    // event handler to suppress keyboard/mouse events when blocking
    handler: function(e) {
        //->Gilles
        // Previous "allowTabToLeave" code did not work. You could tab
out, but not tab back in.
        // This code works different. If you want to tab, and you aren't
allowed to leave, it sets
        // the focus back on the element you are showing.
        if (e.keyCode && e.keyCode == 9 && !
$.blockUI.defaults.allowTabToLeave) {
                if ($(e.target).parents('div.blockMsg').length > 0) {
                        return true;
                } else {
                        // For some reason, calling the "focus" function did not
work here.
                        var v = $(':input:visible:enabled',
$.blockUI.impl.pageBlock)
[0];
                        if (v) v.focus();
                        // Suppress old tabby key
                        return false;
        //<-Gilles

        if ($(e.target).parents('div.blockMsg').length > 0)
            return true;
        return $
(e.target).parents().children().filter('div.blockUI').length == 0;
    },