On 6/14/07, AJ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

In both cases, Apple and CNN have gone with Prototype and
Scriptaculous. I should say up front I'm a big fan of jQuery and
Interface, but I'm wondering why two big sites like this would adopt
Prototype when other high-profile sites like Technorati have adopted
jQuery.

Just cuz.

From what I understand, things like this are generally much less of a
"decision" than simply what the developer knows and likes. Feature
requirements will of course trump that if it becomes a factor, but all
things being equal this is pretty arbitrary.
I doubt "Apple" and meetings were involved in the eventual use of Prototype.
They have a team that builds their site, and the ones responsible for the
scripting know Prototype.