As a fairly new user of jQuery - I do agree with this - the number of
choices available is almost overwhelming. Which to pick? Which is
'best'...  Which one works with what version of jQuery?

> specs. We would then have a set of standard, official plugins that do
> the most common tasks. The features and functionality of these core

I like the idea of having 'official' or maybe 'approved' plugins...
Ideally one could go to jQuery.com and get everything vs. having to
Google and search for things...  My recent project used tabs,
autocomplete, Interface, and a few tablesort - all of which I had to dig
for...  I also had to note all those URLs, versions, etc. in my project
docs because down the road - who knows if those resources will still be
around??

Jim