As far as I know no screen reader can run javascript or dynamically
alter the DOM.  Any features you add to a site using javascript or DOM
scripting are therefore not 508 compliant, and the only way your site
itself can be compliant is if the site is still 100% useable with
javascript turned off.  If turning javascript off at any point breaks
your site then compliance with accessibility standards will be
impossible.