On Monday, June 18, 2007 11:26 PM John Resig <> said:

> One of the great aspects of jQuery is its extensibility, as evidenced
> by the many excellent plugins that have been developed for it. The
> jQuery team, and the Web team in particular, have been working hard
> behind the scenes to put together a repository to showcase these
> plugins:
> http://jquery.com/plugins/

[snip]

> Feedback is appreciated, as always.

Hi John,

Send my thanks to Mike Hostetler for his work.

Onward to my opinions! :)

1. Clicking "Animation and Effects" on the left hand side takes me to
basically the same page as the plugins homepage. It's probably doing
this because there are no plugins in that category. In this case the
page should say "There are no plugins registered in this category yet.
While our new plugin repository is being built please check the old
plugin page on our wiki for a complete list of plugins."

2. "Can't find a plugin?" It says to the check the Wiki page... but it's
not apparent why. For new people who are looking for plugins it would be
helpful to warn them that they're looking at the new plugin repository
and that not all plugins have been moved from the old wiki page. (See
#1.)

3. The category list is hard to read. All the lines run together. I
would suggest a few things (not all of them need to be used)

(a) tighten the line height between the plugin category name and its
description,
(b) expand the gap between each category,
(c) make the description text lighter so that the name stands out more,
(d) make the category name bold so that it stands out more.

4. Why can I collapse the box called "Categories"? Are there going to be
more boxes below it at some point?

Have a nice day!
Chris.