There is a moreSelectors plugin.  Use it as an example of how to extend.
http://dev.jquery.com/wiki/Plugins/MoreSelectors

Glen

On 6/20/07, Felix Geisendörfer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 Hi folks,

Is it possible to add custom selectors to jQuery via a plugin? I'd
basically just need to rewrite the selector string before it get's handled
by jQuery itself.

The reason I ask is because I'm currently converting some OOPish code into
jQuery plugins which is tons of fun and I'd like to use selectors like this:

$('#tasklist task:3')
    .task('field', 'name', 'New task name')
    .task('save');

instead of