Do you only mean that it's (history) not built-in, or that there's a reason
that it
*can't* work with the history plugin?

I only meant that Klaus has more built in support for things like ajax
tabs and history control.
However since you can bind any function you want, you can implement
anything from history to ajax pages using idTabs. I haven't used
Klaus's history plugin so I'm not exaclty sure how to do it, but it
should play nicely.

I recommend reading the comments at the top of the jquery.idTabs.js
for more information on how to pass in a function and parameters
idTabs gives you back.

Let me know if you need more help.

Cheers
~Sean

P.S. I'll be posting a small update this weekend.