This is why I'm so confused.
The code in the demo is:
$("#form2").validate({
                errorContainer: container,
                errorLabelContainer: $("ol", container),
                wrapper: 'li',
                meta: "validate",
                event: "keyup"
        });

My code is:
$("#order").validate({
        errorContainer: $("#messagebox"),
        errorLabelContainer: $("p", "#messagebox")
});

Also, in the forms:
Demo Code:                      <select id="color" name="color" title="Please
select your
favorite color!" class="{validate:{required:true}}">

My code:
<input type="text" name="firstname_order" value=""
class="{validate:{required:true}}"/>

It seems like I'm using the exact same code, but the demo works and
mine doesn't. I don't understand.

BJ Clark

On 6/20/07, Jörn Zaefferer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

BJ Clark wrote:
> exception occured when checking element , check the 'validate' method
That gives you a good idea about the problem. There is no validation
method called "validate". Seems like your setup has a problem. Check the
docs and demo pages for examples on how to setup validation rules via
metadata, or just use the plugin options to specify rules, which I can
recommend.

--
Jörn Zaefferer

http://bassistance.de