The CSS effect works in IE6 for me-provided I run it first. However, it's
much, much slower. I'm not sure if it's IE's re-rendering of the CSS or if
it's in the fade() function.

  _____

From: jquery-en@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Benjamin Sterling
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2007 2:25 PM
To: jquery-en@googlegroups.com
Subject: [jQuery] Re: Feature suggestion: animating through stylesheets

I agree, I profiled each:

DOM:Profile (2296.875ms, 49015 calls)
CSS: Profile (437.5ms, 143 calls)

With the dom, there a bit of a gradient affect, more noticeable on IE6, but
of course, css does not work in IE6.

On 7/5/07, Aaron Heimlich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 7/5/07, Sean Catchpole <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I've put together an example that shows the perfomance a little better
of using CSS over direct DOM manipulation.
http://www.sunsean.com/cssAnimate.html

Wow! There is a very noticeable performance increase when using CSS in FF
2.0.0.4 Mac
--
Aaron Heimlich
Web Developer