I think you don't have to change the entire server setting, but header
information in your individual server responses should be set to gb.

On Jul 4, 2007, at 11:29 AM, Guoliang Cao wrote:

Hi,

I'm using jQuery 1.1.3 in my AJAX-based game viewer. I download game
data through ajax calls. Game data are mostly encoded in gb2312. I
currently have a problem: if I don't change the server side setting to
send data in gb2312 format, I got unreadable characters on client
side. Is it possible to set encoding/charset when I make an ajax call?
The reason I don't like to change server side setting is I want to
minimize the effort of installing my application to any web site.

For those who are interested, here is my game viewer:
http://www.daoqigame.com/jsgameviewer/index1.html

Thank you.

Guoliang