Hi folks,

I had 100% working jquery code throughout my site, but
upon updating to the newest version, a TON of stuff is
no longer working. Specifically, "undefined" is
showing up in various variables being passed around or
gotten via selectors. One thing I've found is that
while in the past a blank variable would pass into an
ajax call as nothing (and in my php code, I could then
just say if (!$varname) ), now, it's passed as
"undefined". Once I put in a bunch of error handling
it works fine, but this is kind of irritating as I
keep discovering similar errors throughout the site
now.

Can someone explain what the fundamental change was in
the newest jquery that is causing this to happen? I'd
at least like to understand before I go around fixing
all the affected areas.

thanks,
-kim