Phil, My apologies, I had read that it was not under development anymore.

John,
Can't find the message that I first read that in, but was also noted in the
following threads and no one corrected this error.

http://groups.google.com/group/jquery-en/browse_thread/thread/da5b5e23434e93eb/39216020184cf79a?lnk=gst&q=interface&rnum=29#39216020184cf79a
http://groups.google.com/group/jquery-en/browse_thread/thread/7af7d4ce2975bed0/51cc2d3bd6171134?lnk=gst&q=interface+release&rnum=2#51cc2d3bd6171134

But I just found this message where you make mention of it still being
official:
http://groups.google.com/group/jquery-en/browse_thread/thread/5434c50bbd0acd19/bdd2d23af3ffccb7?lnk=gst&q=interface+release&rnum=9#bdd2d23af3ffccb7