Fun. I assume by boardgames you're talking about Catan, WH10k and that sort
of thing and not Risk or Monopoly?

-----Original Message-----
From: jquery-en@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Stephan Beal
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2007 8:45 AM
To: jQuery (English)
Subject: [jQuery] Re: announcement: jQuery-based generic board game
interface

On Jul 10, 3:31 pm, "Andy Matthews" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Can you explain (ever so briefly) how this would be used? Is it merely
> a way to quickly place pieces on an existing board?

That's basically it - a generic game board and generic game pieces.
Just as when you and i play a board game together, a HUMAN has to interpret
the game rules (which, in the case of games being playtested/ prototyped,
are always changing).

This is basically an ultra-lite version of a C++ app i wrote some years ago
called QUB (the Q Universal Boardgame):

http://qub.sourceforge.net/screenshots/

That project is now defunct, as it grew too large to maintain (it was taking
30 minutes to compile after each significant code change). My goal with this
app is to provide the most basic of functionality which QUB provided, and to
do so via an AJAX/AHAH framework.

When designing new boardgames it is often convenient to throw a few pieces
onto a board and just play around with some ideas. That is what QUB was for,
and that's what this JS app is for.