It appears this plugin can ignore the Firefox preference under Tools -
> Options -> Content -> Enable Javascript -> Advanced, Allow
JavaScript to "Disable or replace context menus".

Are you aware of this? Is this deliberate? Do you think that's a good
idea to take the control away from the user?

FWIW from a developer point of view I like the idea of having this
much control at my disposal however there's always the possibility
Mozilla might tighten up the code governing the above mentioned
preference, rendering any site using this plugin compromised
functionality wise, wouldn't it?

>From a user's viewpoint, don't know it's a great idea. Nefarious
websites could re-use your code to exploit people.

I understand this is a grey area and I'm not having a go at anyone,
just wondering about the topic.

pd