Rob Desbois wrote:
Klaus,

Yes, apologies the code I posted was absolute rubbish.
The code you posted was what it actually looked like. Sorry for that!

If you think about it the tabs styling will always break the page if inside a floated layout: the rule that makes the end of the ul.tabs-nav have "clear: both" will always force the container (if below the <ul>) to position itself below all previous floated elements on the page.

I cannot confirm that. Have a look here:
http://stilbuero.de/jquery/tabs/test.html

The float isn't cleared by the tabs (quickly tested in Firefox only).

Which browsers are you talking of?

--Klaus