Erik Beeson wrote:

This part of the text seems contradictory with jQuery's habits. Why do
we load jQuery.js and all its plugins in the <head> section? (answer:
to have .ready()). But should we do it all the time and for all
plugins?

My understanding is we put script tags in the head so as to not
clutter up the body DOM. I don't think it has anything to do with
ready(), and I'm pretty sure ready() doesn't require script tags to be
in the head...

Yes, but if you put the scripts at the end of the body you don't need to use ready(), e.g. that is literally the same as using ready()...

--Klaus