If you are outputting JSON from CF you need to first make sure you are
actually outputting JSON from the CFC / CFM page. There is a special
technique to doing this from CFCs. The default return of a CFC is WDDX.

To test your CFC call the method from the URL without jQuery. Directly
from the url is the way to test that is working first.

John