Tony,
try:
(for an ID)
$('#emptyDiv').load(externalHTML, function(){
$(this).slideDown('slow');
});

(for a class)
$('.emptyDiv').load(externalHTML, function(){
$(this).slideDown('slow');
});

On 7/24/07, tonywhite <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm new to jQuery and can't figure this one out.

Instead of using an ajax get and innerHTML to load in external html, I
can just use jQuery's load function:

$(emptyDiv).load(externalHTMLFile);

which I like!

I would like to do is make better use of the graceful animations that
jQuery has.  I would prefer that the external HTML not show up so
suddenly, but instead to slide or fade in place.  It's not clear to me
how to make that happen.  I tried "chaining", but by the time the
content is loaded, the chained animation doesn't really do the trick:

$emptyDiv).load(externalHTMLFile, function()
{$emptyDiv.slideDown('slow');});

If you know of answer, please share.  Thanks for any help.

Tony

--
Benjamin Sterling
http://www.KenzoMedia.com