  From: Mitchell Waite
  To: jquery-en@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2007 10:36 AM
  Subject: [jQuery] Are there any particular ways to debug jQuery code?

  Noobie question 99

  Are there any particular ways to debug jQuery code?

  I have a small handler

                                                    $("#nest").click(function()
{

                                                                  alert("got
it");

$("#nest").fade("slow");

                                                    });

  It's called by a click on a div with an id="nest". The click will make the
alert go off but the fade wont work. For the life of me I can't get any affects
to work on the #nest div. It's like something is interfering with the fade
function. No affects work.

  I just don't know how to systematically track this down.

  Mitch