Larry,

Try the dynarch calendar at http://www.dynarch.com/projects/calendar/
It's not jQuery but does the job and can most likely be ported to jQuery if
desired.

--rob

On 7/26/07, Larry Garfield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Thanks, Kelvin.  (And sorry about misspelling your name. <g>)

I was afraid you were going to say that.  Unfortunately my timeframe
allowed for this project is measured in hours, not weeks, so I doubt I'd
even have time to try and figure out how to do it myself.  Is there a method
that you think would work that you haven't tested yet, or is it just a
non-available feature?

Is there some alternate plugin you can recommend?  Or some possible
alternate interface that's similar that could be accomplished with
datePicker?

Thanks.

--Larry Garfield

On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 14:12:14 +0100, Kelvin Luck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm afraid that it is currently exactly as you describe. A date picker
> calendar (with the paging etc) only exists as a popup and if you use
> renderCalendar then you don't get paging or anything.
>
> The ability to use a date picker not in a popup is one of the two
> additions I wanted to make before I stop calling the date picker v2
> "beta". Unfortunately I'm really busy at work at the moment and
> realistically it will probably be a couple of weeks before I get a
> chance to work on the date picker again.
>
> If you want to try and figure it out yourself then feel free and report
> back on your progress, otherwise if you can wait I'll try and get it
> done then,
>
> Cheers,
>
> Kelvin :)
>
> Larry Garfield wrote:
>> Hello, jQuery.  My apologies if this is a dupe; the first copy didn't
> seem to
>> go through.
>>
>> I'm working with Kevin Luck's datePicker plugin, v2[1], because it
> seemed the
>> least unsuited for what I was trying to do and I'm already using it
>> elsewhere.  What I'm trying to do is have an inline calendar grid
rather
> than
>> a popup, and have that inline grid offer paging and multi-select
>> abilities.  Then on submit, grab all of the selected dates and
serialize
> them
>> to a hidden field and submit.  I'm replacing a YUI widget that did
that,
> but
>> did so only on certain systems when it was in certain moods, making it
> far
>> too unreliable.
>>
>> According to the docs, I can get paging and multi-select in a popup
>> easily[2].  I can also render an inline calendar instead[3].  What I
> have
>> found no documentation on and have been unable to do myself is get both
>> happen at the same time.  If I render my own calendar, it gets no
> paging, no
>> select ability at all; it's really just a static read-only display.
> I've
>> looked at the plugin's source, but haven't been able to find any
> indication
>> of what I'd need to copy out or reference directly in order to get
>> the "picker" parts of datePicker.
>>
>> Any tips on how to have my picker and see it, too, would be most
>> appreciated.  Samples of working code would be even better.
:-)  Thanks.

http://kelvinluck.com/assets/jquery/datePicker/v2/demo/datePickerMultiple.html

http://kelvinluck.com/assets/jquery/datePicker/v2/demo/renderCalendar.html

--