Could I really se Firebug to find that I had the wrong name for the
function. I didn't see how that could be done in Firebug. In fact it's a
somewhat daunting addon.

From: jquery-en@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Benjamin Sterling
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2007 10:44 AM
To: jquery-en@googlegroups.com
Subject: [jQuery] Re: Are there any particular ways to debug jQuery code?

Mitch,
fade() is not a function

Try fadeTo, fadeIn, or fadeOut.

Check out the api for more info http://jquery.com/api (under F)

On 7/26/07, Mitchell Waite <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Noobie question 99

Are there any particular ways to debug jQuery code?

I have a small handler

$("#nest").click(function() {

                                                                alert("got
it");

$("#nest").fade("slow");

                                                  });

It's called by a click on a div with an id="nest". The click will make the
alert go off but the fade wont work. For the life of me I can't get any
affects to work on the #nest div. It's like something is interfering with
the fade function. No affects work.

I just don't know how to systematically track this down.

Mitch

--
Benjamin Sterling
http://www.KenzoMedia.com