Ah, of course Matt, I apologize, here ya go :)

$("div.vote_for_selected").click(function(){
//first load content
$("div.divvoteinto").load("/stories/vote/2/" + $storyid);

//then set up new value to display
$new_votes_for = $votes_for * 1 - 1;
if ($new_votes_for == "") {
$new_votes_for = "0";
}
$new_votes_against = $votes_against * 1 + 1;
$("h3.votenumberfor").html($new_votes_for);
$("h3.votenumberagainst").html($new_votes_against);

//then change the classes to reflect the new vote
$(this).removeClass("vote_for_selected");
$(this).addClass("vote_against_selected");
//$("vote_for_selected
vote_against_selected").removeClass("vote_for_selected");
});

$("div.vote_against_selected").click(function(){
//first load content
$("div.divoteinfo").load("/stories/vote/1/" + $storyid);

//then set up new value to display
$first_new_votes_for = $votes_for * 1 + 1;
$first_new_votes_against = $votes_against * 1 - 1;
if ($first_new_votes_against == "") {
$first_new_votes_against = "0";
}

$("h3.votenumberfor").html($first_new_votes_against);
$("h3.votenumberagainst").html($first_new_votes_for);

//then we change the classes to reflect that the user has just
submitted a vote
$(this).removeClass("vote_against_selected");
$(this).addClass("vote_for_selected");
//$("div.vote_against_selected").addClass("div.vote_for_selected");
//$
("div.vote_against_selected").removeClass("div.vote_against_selected");
});

Ok, here when a user clicks on div.vote_against_selected, it is
changed to div.vote_for_selected, and vice versa. I am binding the
click function to each of these classes, yet after I call the ajax
request, I cannot use the .click() on the other element. The ajax
request is working great, yet I can only use it on one of the <divs>