I have read through the site, and fear I am asking in the wrong place.
If I am, please accept my sincear apologies.

I use the modal pop up in many situations - it is fantastic! I am
forever indebted to the skills of the programmers, your skills make me
look clever!

I am trying to have the pop-up do something (upload an image in this
case) then when the image loads, pass the file name to a text box in
the form on the parent window. With the onload command I have been
able to make the window close automatically. My problem is passing the
data to the parent. I can do it if I make the child a seperate poop-up
window, but from modal, I get no - where. A huge amount of Googling
only led me to one related article which basically stated it was hard
to do, then gave some general ideas on how to do it.

Sadly, js is double dutch to me - I can php with the best of them,
html like a pro - css pretty darn well, but js? Not happening. I am
still studying, and trying to change this,

I do not expect you to do my work for me. Can you give me any clues
though? Maybe you know a working example I can peek at, maybe you know
a tutorial that will assist my plight?

Thank you so much for this wonderful code, and in advance for any
assistance you are able to give me.

Kindest regards,
John Smart