>Regarding your specific problem, have you tried running the
>uncompressed version of jQuery in place of the compressed version?
>While it wouldn't be sensible to deploy it on a live site for obvious
>reasons, using the uncompressed versions for testing has huge benefits
>for debugging as it's a lot easier to determine where a failure
>occured.

Live sites should be running GZIP to compress static files--so there's no
reason some should be running the pack version.

I usually avoid running packed code because there's some inherited overhead
while it "unpacks". Also, running packed code makes it extremely difficult
to troubleshoot if users are reporting problems.

-Dan